John is completing his pediatrics rotation today. I think overall it's been a good experience and he's enjoyed it. The last two weeks, he has been at a children's hospital in Fort Worth. The first few weeks were like family practice - well child checkups, kids with colds and viruses, etc. These last couple of weeks have been a lot tougher. He has had children whose parents weren't feeding them and babies being abused. It hurts my heart to hear these stories, and I can't help but think about the way I feel about Drew. I would do anything within my power to protect him, and it breaks my heart to think of all those kids whose parents don't protect them. So, please keep these kids in your prayers. John will move on to his next rotation, but these kids have a lifetime of difficulties ahead of them.
1 comment:
Hey Ames,
Tell John I share in his heartache. These are the families I deal with daily. Most days, I just want to ring their necks (well...maybe a few other things, too!) Tell him to keep up the good work. Hope to see ya'll soon.
Post a Comment