For those of you not from Amarillo, you probably have no idea what a Sandie is. Well, it is the ferocious mascot of my high school. (OK, it's basically a dust devil, and in most cartoons looks like the genie from Aladdin.) My mom found this shirt and sweet Drewby napped right through our photo session!

Mommy's a genius! I got home from the grocery store and needed to put away the groceries, cook dinner, and clean the kitchen. I put Drew in his bouncy chair, which did not make him happy. The swing had similar results. So in a stroke of genius, I got out his Johnny Jump-Up. Since we have the designer arches throughout the house, it was hard to find a doorframe to hang it on where I could see him from the kitchen. Aha! The pantry! I made sure he wouldn't whack his head against any shelves and set it up. He had a great time and was mesmerized. I'd walk by and he'd turn the whole seat to follow me. I have a feeling we'll get our money's worth out of this toy!

One day, I put Drew on his Boppy for tummy time like normal. He's gotten great at holding up his head for extended periods of time. Said was laying in the sunshine on the back of the couch, monitoring Drew's movements. She caught his eye, and he just stared at her and tried to coo at her for quite a while He seems more excited to have found a friend that she is.
Drew is figuring out how fun his toys are. I propped him on a pillow under his activity mat. Usually he lays for a few minutes, looking around, before he gets tired and wails at me. On this day, I think his hand had a twitch and accidentally hit a toy. It rattled and jingled at him, which was pretty funny. So he laughed and started trying to hit the toys. He seems to be better with his left hand right now, so we'll see if the right hand catches up or if he's a lefty.


Drew had a play date with his best friend, Joey Webb. Joey was born about a month after Drew. Since Dawn and I forgot to get pictures of them together at the pumpkin patch, we got a few of them on their play date. Note the pitiful lip. Drew was hungry and did not want pictures taken while Joey was sound asleep. The play date ended up being less about them playing and more about a support group for me and Dawn. :)


Sadie wondered why Dawn didn't bring their dogs, Lester and Molly, over to play. Here she is guarding the boys so Dawn doesn't get too close with the camera. Precious!


Major breakthrough! Bath time is now fun! I've been telling him all along that it's fun to take a bath and that there's no reason to scream. Drew finally took my advice and is now enjoying taking his bath. I tried to get a picture of him smiling, but he just gave me that "hurry up, Mom" look. He's starting to outgrow the hammock part, so he'll be sitting up on his own before I know it!
Drew's new favorite thing to do is stand up. He LOVES to stand on your lap, on the floor, even on the counter. Drew looks so much like a little boy in this picture that it makes my heart hurt. I need to go home and tell him that he has to be a baby for a lot longer because I'm not ready for him to grow up so fast!








No comments:
Post a Comment