Monday, May 4, 2009

Unintentional Hiatus

Sorry for the lack of recent blog updates. I came down with an awful stomach bug a couple of weekends ago when we were supposed to go to Amarillo. Needless to say, we stayed home. My mom came down to visit that weekend instead and would up catching the same bug. Luckily John and Drew avoided the sickness and we are all feeling better now. The big news in our world is that Drew is now crawling. After a few weeks of rocking on his hands and knees, then crawling army-style on his belly, he has managed to get the hang of the normal, hands and knees crawling. I'll set him down in the living room and walk to the refrigerator for a drink. By the time I turn back around, he's halfway to the kitchen with a big grin on his face. He's so happy to be able to chase Mommy around the house! I spent a few hours on Saturday babyproofing the kitchen because he'll be getting into everything before we know it. I have a video that I need to post, but of course it is still living on my memory card. So, I promise to update again soon so you can all see the amazing crawling Drew. A couple of days later he figured out that he could use the crawling to his advantage. Now he crawls to a piece of furniture (usually the coffee table) and starts pulling up. He can easily get onto his knees and has good balance there, so it's just a matter of time before he starts getting onto his feet. Bumps and bruises, here we come!

No comments: