This Christmas I find myself thinking a lot about Mary (as in
Jesus's mom). As a Southern Baptist, we tend to focus mostly on Jesus in the Christmas story. But as a new mom, I think about Mary and wonder if she had some of the same thoughts and feelings that I'm having. Did her heart leap for joy when her son smiled at her? Did she grin with pride when he reached a new milestone, like rolling over? Did she sing him songs when she changed his diapers or rocked him to sleep? I believe that while Jesus was the son of God, he was fully human, so I'm sure that like all babies, he cried when he was tired or hungry, had dirty diapers, and loved his mama. After her encounter with the angel, she probably knew that her baby's life wouldn't be the same as other children's, but I'm sure she loved on him and would have protected him from all the harm she could. So, this Christmas season, I'm seeing things from Mary's perspective. John and I know that Drew is a precious gift from God, and we thank Him for blessing us with a sweet and precious baby. While he may never perform miracles or walk on water, he is the center of our lives and we look forward to experiencing our first Christmas with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment