Just like my birthday, Drew decided to wake up extra early on Thanksgiving. (I think I was up by 5:45.) I fed him and tried to put him back down, but he was not happy. So I laid down on the floor of his room, waiting for him to go to sleep. He fussed for a while, so I picked him up and snuggled him. Clearly he and I were both tired because when my mom woke up about 7 to check on him, she found us curled up on the floor of his room.

Here I am (much more awake) getting the turkey ready for the oven. We figured out that the turkey was pretty close to Drew's size. It was a 14-pounder, and we think he weighs in around 13.

Dad was holding Drew while we girls cooked up a storm. Apparently Drew decided he wanted a little snack before dinner, so he made a grab for the seasoned oyster crackers. Luckily Grandpa noticed just in time (and we're also lucky that the hand-mouth coordination is still sketchy.)

Here is the Drewster with his Daddy. Drew has on his cute Thanksgiving outfit that says "Thankful for Mommy" on the turkey and "gobble gobble" on the footsies. He was adorable!

Dad is the master of carving the turkey. It turned out so yummy!


Dad is the master of carving the turkey. It turned out so yummy!
Dad tried to feed a turkey leg to Drew (who's being held by our friend Christine), but luckily Drew wasn't too interested. I'm sure this time next year he'll be eating all the turkey in sight and probably making a major mess of it.

Here's the crew around the Thanksgiving table. We are so blessed to have such great family and friends.

Drew fussed through the first part of the meal. John put him in his rainforest jumperoo and he played for a few minutes before getting worn out. Being cute is such hard work!


We went outside to take some pictures in our Dallas Cowboys gear. (Hello, Christmas cards!) Check out those chubby legs. Quite a change from the skinny bird legs when he was born!

Here's the whole Mills clan. (Even Sadie's in her Cowboys shirt.)

Drew fussed through the first part of the meal. John put him in his rainforest jumperoo and he played for a few minutes before getting worn out. Being cute is such hard work!
Here's Drew snuggling Aunt Ashley. He's getting more and more fun as he tries to talk to people and climb on them.

Grandmommy held onto Drew during the Cowboys game. Drew just stared at the screen and seemed really interested in the game. He's definitely John's boy!

We went outside to take some pictures in our Dallas Cowboys gear. (Hello, Christmas cards!) Check out those chubby legs. Quite a change from the skinny bird legs when he was born!

Here's the whole Mills clan. (Even Sadie's in her Cowboys shirt.)




No comments:
Post a Comment