Oh, to be able to hop in the car and go somewhere at the drop of a hat like we used to. We have made two trips since Drew was born -- one to Amarillo in October and one to Arkansas over Thanksgiving. We leave Friday for an extended trek. We'll head to Amarillo, then John is taking a boys' ski trip to Colorado with his dad and brother, then we'll trek to Erick, then to Oklahoma City, back to Amarillo, and finally home again in a few weeks. So, you can just imagine how full our car will be. (On a side note, thank goodness for SUV's! I can't imagine trying to fit anything in John's old Mustang, and in our household, minivans are grounds for divorce.) I've already done all of our laundry -- 2 loads for Drew, 4 for me and John, and an extra load of linens. I honestly can't imagine how much laundry those families with 5 or 6 kids must do. You must have the washer and dryer going every waking moment. Maybe that's why I'm a fan of "Jon and Kate Plus 8" and "17 Kids and Counting," because it's fascinating to me how they can live a normal life with 8 or 17 kids. I guess you just redefine "normal."
Back on topic, I'm making a list of things to pack. Since John's taking his surgery board exam on Friday (say a prayer for him!), I have a feeling I'll be packing all three of us. So that includes all of Drew's stuff, all of my stuff, all of John's stuff, including ski things, all of Sadie's stuff (ok, hers is the easiest to pack), plus Christmas gifts for both families. It has taken me longer to make this list than it did to pack and load everything we took for Christmas last year. But on the bright side, Drew has lots of cute Christmas outfits so look forward to a million pictures from all the holiday festivities! Drew also has his 4-month checkup on Friday, so I'll let you guys know the latest stats.
2025 Recap
7 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment